Coveris Advanced Coatings provides polyurethane-based components in the healthcare market for the manufacture of wound dressings which are used for the treatment of conditions including pressure ulcers and leg ulcers. These materials can be coloured and printed in-house to create a strong brand identify for our customers.
The inspire® brand of polyurethane films has been specifically developed for professional wound care products. Coveris Advanced Coatings provides polyurethane films for hydrophilic foam and hydrocolloid wound dressings and adhesive coated polyurethane films:
Polyurethane films for hydrophilic foam and hydrocolloid wound dressings
Polyurethane films are ideal for use in hydrophilic foam and hydrocolloid wound dressings. The polyurethane films provide a bacterial barrier and have excellent breathability, low co-efficient of friction, together with good transparency and an exceptional matt surface. Included are coloured medical films and thicker, self-supporting polyurethane films, as well as polyurethane foams that do not require a support liner.
Our clear filmic casting liners are recommended for situations where there is a need to view the wound as the dressing is applied. A printing service is available to produce branded wound dressings.
Adhesive coated polyurethane films
We offer a wide range of adhesive coated polyurethane films, including:
- High tack adhesives for blister dressings, bordered dressings, etc.
- Breathable adhesive that provides extended wear time for chronic wound dressings, etc.
- Gentle adhesives for sensitive skin
- Gamma-sterilisable breathable adhesive
- Silver-containing adhesive that further enhances the bacterial barrier properties of the films
The latest addition to the inspire® wound care portfolio is pattern coated adhesives on both film and foam backings.
In addition to the standard range of inspire polyurethane films Coveris Advanced Coatings offers:-
- in house printing to create product branding opportunities and antibacterial additives